Welcome to the February 2022 edition of the FTC newsletter! Would you believe it if I told you that our club is just over two decades old now? It’s incredible to think about. In celebration of this, we’re planning something special. Each year we have a joint meeting with STC Florida, and this time around, it will also be a reunion of sorts. We will be bringing back former FTC leaders to guest speak with us! It will be a panel to remember.
That’s not the only reason this month will be a big one for FTC. We have three guest speaker events total happening that you won’t want to miss:
- Friday, February 4, 6:00 – 7:30 PM — L3Harris Guest Speaker Presentation
- Friday, February 11, 6:00 – 7:30 PM — Resume Righting ft. Guest Speaker John Paz
- Friday, February 25, 6:30 – 8:30 PM — STC-FTC Joint Meeting: Where are they now? ft. Past FTC Leaders
Each event will be held fully online over Zoom and is open to everyone. Yes, everyone. Current member? Graduated? Ambiguously-in-between? Absolutely! Bring your technical communication questions and come ready to receive great technical communication advice and even make new connections at each. We’d love to see everyone attend this month’s events.
Other things to note:
- We’d still like to know who is interested in learning about or attending the STC Summit. If so, please fill out our brief interest form by February 11.
- We have a few new FTC articles coming your way this month, some topic-based and others about available job and internships out there. Be on the lookout!
- FTC will be attending Otronicon on the weekend of Feb 18. There will be no GBM that weekend, but if you’ll be attending the expo, you’re more than welcome to visit our group.
Read on for more. See you around soon at our upcoming programs!
All the best,
President, Future Technical Communicators